"Now this I say, he who sows sparingly will also reap sparingly,
and he who sows bountifully will also reap bountifully."
- II Corinthians 9:6-11
Dear Living Saints of New Castle Presbyterian Church,
How much should I pledge? It’s a question we are often asked. Each year we prayerfully consider what to pledge to the church. We face a special challenge in 2017 and into 2018. Nancy will move on to another chapter in her life. Our congregation will also move on to another chapter in our rich spiritual history. In coming months, we will examine our mission and vision for the future as we seek an interim pastor, and eventually, a full-time pastor to lead us on that journey. While parting with Nancy will be difficult, the church will respond by becoming even more vibrant in our spiritual journey together. The coming year is not a time to reduce our stewardship commitment. The challenges will be greater and we need to respond in kind.
The Resource Development Committee of this church, asks that you prayerfully examine what your gifts to the church support! We invite you to consider how God might enable you to help New Castle Presbyterian Church and its many ministries. We are bold to ask for your continued help because God is doing great things at New Castle Presbyterian Church!
· We continue to draw in our community with public programs and seminar offerings that educate, challenge, enliven, and support.
· We continue to reach out to the homeless and the hungry with the good news of Christ’s healing love, experienced through shelter, food, and clothing.
· We continue to glorify God with vibrant worship and music.
· We continue to present Presbyterian history as a witness to our faithfulness throughout long generations, and preserving the physical structures that God has blessed our congregation with since 1707.
· We continue teaching our youth and children the grace of God in Jesus Christ as we live out a transforming fellowship of care and challenge and celebrate the blessings of a vibrant nursery and our continuing Someplace Else ministry for children.
God is great and has showered us with blessings! Let us dare to give a generous proportion of what we have to the God who gives so much!
In joyful response, you are invited to fill out your pledge card and return on November 13, or no later than November 20. And we do hope you will join us at the Stewardship Celebration Brunch on October 30.
- Ruling Elders Andrew Lundgren Scott Matthews and the Members of the Resource Development Committee: Kay Fry; Jane Fouracre; Monty Gerhart; and Trustee Peter McCurdy
Direct Bank Giving